2016 Permeable Streets
2016 Permeable Street Retrofits - Completed
Following utility replacement work necessary on 14th & 15th Street PL NW, just south of 4th Ave NW, the City will retrofit and repair the roadway surface in these locations, installing pervious concrete and porous asphalt. This project will provide on-site stormwater management for these locations to address seasonal localized roadway flooding events, and support water quality improvements through the application of green stormwater infrastructure. The use of pervious concrete and porous asphalt in these two locations will provide an on-site example of the durability of the two pavement types using the City's most-recent specifications which include strengthening fibers for each. Long-term maintenance and performance of these pavements will provide information to the City on application for future projects.
- October 4, 2017 - Project was substantially complete in July, with post-construction material testing completed in September. The project will be presented to Council in October for acceptance.
- July 7, 2017 - Contractor is finishing paving of asphalt on north end of both streets. Other punchlist items to be completed prior to completion of project.
- June 19, 2017 - Week of June 19-23 contractor will be removing EAST half of 15th Street PL NW and pave out with pervious concrete the end of the week. Contractor will continue to work with residents to coordinate access and parking until roadway re-opens approximately June 30th.
- June 5, 2017 - Week of June 5-9 contractor will be removing WEST half of 15th Street PL NW starting Monday, and pave out with pervious concrete on Friday. Traffic must remain off of pavement until it hardens, up to 7 days. Contractor will advise residents. Removal and replacement of EAST half of 15th Street PL NW is scheduled for week of June 19-23.
- May 8, 2017 - Week of May 8-12 contractor will be removing roadway on 14th Street PL NW starting Monday, and pave out with porous asphalt on Friday. Traffic must remain off of pavement until contractor advises, up to 5 days. Following week will include site restoration work.
- May 3, 2017 - Week of May 1-5 contractor will be removing and replacing curb ramps on both 14th and 15th St PL NW at 4th Ave NW. Excavation of the roadway will begin with 14th St PL NW - the contractor will notify residents 2 days prior to ANY roadway closures.
- April 10, 2017 - Contractor has begun work on-site including locating utilities and staking of survey locations. Survey stakes have been placed just outside the project area to ensure they remain in place during construction.
- April 3, 2017 - Construction work will begin in late April based on concrete availability due to recent wet weather
- January 11, 2017 - Construction contract was awarded to RS Underground, Inc. of Puyallup. Work is expected to begin in April 2017
- December 13 - project re-bid successfully; contract award scheduled for 01/10/2017 Council meeting; construction anticipated for March 2017
- September 30 - bids from 09/27 opening rejected; re-bid anticipated for November 2016
- August 2016 - design complete