Applying for Permits
*** New Permit Center Hours ***
Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Effective November 13, 2018
Building Services administers the Washington State Building Codes, including building permit plan review and inspection services. Planning Services oversees the zoning, environmental and subdivision codes. Engineering Services reviews utility and road improvement permits. Use the quick links to their pages for additional information.
Follow the steps below to help ensure that your application process is successful
Research the Parcel
- to submit a question to the Development Center staff.
- Call the Development Services Department at (253) 864-4165. Available between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, excluding holidays
Visit the Development Services Department
- Located in the Puyallup City Hall 2nd floor at 333 S Meridian, Puyallup WA, 98371
- Open between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays
Gather Submittal Items (Applications, forms, etc)
Permit Application Forms Grouped by Reviewing Division:
- Electrical Permits:The Department of Labor & Industries issues all electrical permits, use this link to apply for an electrical permit.
- Development Engineering
Building, fire construction, mechanical and plumbing permits can be found in the Permit Fees by Category page.
Land-Use permit fees (such as subdivision, boundary line adjustments, conditional-use permits, and other land use permits) and some site development fees (such as clear, fill and grading permits and sewer connections) can be found in the City of Puyallup Fee Schedule.
Impact fees such as School, Park, and Traffic impact fees may be assessed for certain projects, but are calculated on a case-by-case basis.
Pre-application meetings are an opportunity for a potential applicant to meet with all the reviewing divisions (building, fire, planning, and engineering) and receive feedback about their development project proposal prior to submitting an application for a permit. The first pre-application meeting for a project is free of charge. You can request a pre-application meeting even if you do not own the property.
To request a pre-application meeting please complete the application form below and submit the form and your plans to the Development Services Department.
Submit Your Application
Submit in person at the Development Services Department
- Located in Puyallup City Hall - 2nd floor, 333 S. Meridian
- Open between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, excluding holidays
Submit by mail to: Puyallup City Hall - Permit Counter, 333 S. Meridian, Puyallup, WA 98371
Track your application, pay fees, and request inspections
Click here to taken to the online portal where you can track your submitted application, pay fees, and request inspections.
To request inspections by phone, call 1-877-232-6456