Permit Applications

Applications & Forms

  • Alternative Methods or Construction Materials Request (PDF) - This application is required for any change from the City of Puyallup's design standards and requirements for engineering design. The application fee is $250.00 per request.
  • Assignment of Funds (PDF) - This form is used when a financial surety is required for the completion of outstanding work.
  • City Business License (PDF) - A business license is required anytime you do business with, or in, the city of Puyallup.
  • Civil Construction Permit (PDF) - This application shall accompany all civil plan submittals.
  • Elevation Certificate - The Elevation Certificate is an important administrative tool of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). It is to be used to provide elevation information necessary to ensure compliance with community floodplain management ordinances, to determine the proper insurance premium rate, and to support a request for a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) or Letter of Map Revision based on fill (LOMR-F).
  • Estimate of Cost (PDF) - This form is used to calculate the civil permit inspection fee.
  • House Moving Permit (PDF) is required to move a building along or across any public place. All applications shall be made to the City's Permit Center at least three weeks prior to the date of the proposed move, except that where the current and proposed building location is not within the city, then application shall be made no sooner than five (5) days prior to the proposed move.
  • Plan Change Request (PDF) - This application is required when requesting any changes to previously approved civil drawings.
  • Plumbing Fixture Worksheet (PDF) - This form is used together with a plumbing permit to calculate water and sewer systems development fees for additions/alterations to commercial properties.
  • Right-of-Way Permit (PDF) - A permit is required for any work to be performed in the City of Puyallup's right-of-way. i.e.: new/repair of driveway approach, sidewalk, curb/gutter, water or sewer connections and also includes traffic control.
  • Stormwater Management Facilities Agreement (PDF) - Per PMC 21.10.250 A maintenance agreement shall be recorded by the applicant and/or owner in the land records of Pierce County for the maintenance of private on-site stormwater management facilities.
  • Street Obstruction Bond (PDF) - A $5,000 bond is required when any work is to be performed in the City of Puyallup right-of-way.
  •  Utility Permit (PDF) - A permit is required for new connections to the City's sanitary sewer, water or storm system or when replacing or repairing a water service or sanitary sewer laterals on private property.
  • Water or Sewer Service Outside City Limits (PDF) -  An application is required for new service or material changes in existing service, for example: new connections, extensions or expansions of service; changes to customer classifications; changes to service connections; changes to service pipes and mains; meter changes.