Report Spill/Illicit Discharge

Please call 253-770-3336 to report any spill or discharges other than surface and ground waters into the City storm drain system. Life threatening emergencies should use 911.

What is an illicit discharge?

Non-permitted discharges could included a leaking garbage truck or dumpster, a carpet cleaning truck hose draining into a stormwater drain, or even soapy water from a car wash. If you see these types of activities please remember to report:

  • When and Where the Incident occurred
  • Who is responsible for the spill/dumping. Include vehicle and license plate or personal description.
  • What the substance is being dumped /spilled.

Where does your stormwater go?

Why is it important to keep pollutants and toxic chemicals out of the storm system? Check out this site from Pierce County that allows users to follow the flow of stormwater from a street address  into the Puget Sound.